This is my first quadcopter that I designed to accompany me. The model was made in creo elements express (free cad package from ptc). The model can be modified.
Here's a first film of the thing in the atmosphere:
The main image shows the quadcopter. Despite a fall of more than 20 theres nothing significant got ruined.
Quadcopter on my website:
- 3d print the following components:
- house_1 to house_6
- mount_1 to mount_4
- ball_1 to ball_3
- cut an 8 Millimeter carbon pole of 1 m length in half
- cut 3 pieces of 70 mm length from a 4 mm carbon pole
- cut lid_1, lid_2, lid_4, lid_6 and lid_7 from 1 mm birch plywood
- cut lid_3 and lid_5 from 2 mm birch plywood
- glue an 8 Millimeter carbon pole to house_3
- paste an 8 Millimeter carbon pole to house_4
- paste mount_1-4 to the ends of the 8 Millimeter carbon rods
- paste the 4 mm carbon rod to the legattachment
- paste the balls to the other ends of the 4 mm carbon sticks
- build using m3 bolts and m2 bolts for the engine attachment ...
- 4 esc's (turnigy multistar 10 a)
- 4 brushless motors (turnigy mt2204-14t)
- 4 propellers 8x4.5 cw and ccw
- 2s lipo 2200 mah
- Multiwii mini (40x40)
- rc receiver