Dig out those old prescription glasses you have had sitting around forever, design a rad new frame, print it out, pop in lenses...pick up chicks!
This is a derivative of Prusajr awesome glasses that are working! I redesigned into smaller units in Google sketchup and divide to allow printing on a easy and makerbot customization.
I was too anxious to try them out and didn't design a hinge. A brand new design will be worked on by me . Super glue appears to work great. The STLs were not included by me because you really should edit the Sketchup file to fit your lenses.
- Locate old presciption glasses and remove lens.
- Modify Lens Section to fit your lens design, size and current style.
2a. My lens had a nice snug fit and stayed in. You might want to design a bevel similar to Prusajr.
- Print twice, flipping second copy so that the smooth printed sides fit.
- Print nose section...change for size and width to desired fit.
- Print Arm sections, flipping second copy as above.
- Glue together, super glue worked great for me.
- Use hot air gun to bend and mold for final fitting.
- Dremel nose area to get fit and comfort.
- Amaze friends, stun co-workers, pick up chicks by always having the latest fashion in eyeware.