TEVO Tarantula - Motherboard and LCD boxes
I spent endless nights on that design. I couldn't believe it would be so tricky to draw "boxes".
I have printed small portions of each box to test the different features (M3-nut holes, fan housing. As I am pretty confident of this outcome, I publish everything but I must admit I didn't print everything.
The rear box contains the Makerbase motherboard MKS_GEN or MKS_BASE will fit inside. This box is fixed on the with T-nuts/bolts
The box contains the LCD screen.
Quick and dirty installation guide :
- you're going to require a bunch of M3 nuts, 8 & 12mm M3 bolts, M3-25mm long brass nuts.
- You'll also need 2 fans : 40x40x10 - 12V (Alseye ones are perfect, quiet and cheap)
Assembly hardware :
Mount MKS Base : 4x M3 4x nuts
Mount MKS Gen : 4x M3 10 or 12mm bolts + 4x M3 nuts
Build The MKS Box : 4x M3 25mm brass nuts + 8x M3 10 or 12mm bolts
Build the LCD box : 4x M3 20mm bolts + 4x M3 nuts
2 or 3x M4 T-Nuts + M4 10mm bolts
Note : LCD screens are made of 2 parts that are very soldered. You might realize that holes aren't coinciding . Do not worry, you don't even need to fix the LCD display
Assembly Notes :
- Print the 4 components
- Insert M3 nuts from the corresponding holes, insert 25mm long brass nut which will correct both areas of the MKS box
- Mount MKS_front box on top v-slot
- Mount LCD_rear on MKS_front part
- Slide the 2 fans in their home. Make sure airflow is unidirectional. You shouldn't need any screw.
- Assemble both motherboard and LCD screen, wire them together.
- Mount top parts, use M3 bolts (optional as the boxes should be self-evident)
Note : don't hesitate to leave me a tip if you like the layout. That helps when I publish prototypes me to pay the filament I waste.
0.3 mm layer
DO NOT USE SUPPORT.
The design is done to avoid the usage of support. If support is added by you, they could be tough to remove.