Inspired by Foehnsturm (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ulitimaker-orig-modular-printhead-merlin-ubis) but assemble from scratch for the Ultimaker2.
Because of the asymmetrical pole arrangement you'd lose more buildspace subsequently required, although I began with a version1 based on a mirrored baseblock of foehnsturm. I was able to get an almost symmetrical stick arrangement.
- The margins are modest, although it's possible for you to take advantage of this head with all the default option UM2 firmware. When beginning a print, I just have 1mm of space between the block on the very front of the printer.
- In case you produce your own alternate mounts (paste struder, plotter, total alloy head,... many jobs potential..) You'll need to cut back the XY borders in firmware.
- Mount as in the image for cable direction take 2 tie wraps of the same modest size, from 1 you just want the head.
- For mounting and unmounting; remove filament and bowden tube, remove the 2 screws that are long at the left side.
- To remove the 3 first black plastic components you do not need to remove cables at the printboard side, the fans have connectors in the black sleeve you can readily cut/unclip.
- Mark your XY sticks before removal (they aren't the same span) and assess how much they should stick out to reach the endswitch.
- BE SURE TO level your bed after setup !!
- Please share it, rather including the measure file in case you make an alternate mount for this.
- I printed mine with 0.1 layer, 50% fill, 1,2 shell, 35 mm/s
- "Mount_v2i2e.stl" has 1 construct in support you can readily take out with a modest plier, no demand for added support in cura.
- Need to discuss this matter? do it here;
- If you found my nozzle isn't UM2 default option, its an exchangable "olson block"
A Plotter is accessible for this particular layout here;